Monday, October 29, 2007

Ron Paul Watch

Ron Paul's got new ads up in NH, and I think the chick who says "Cut Government Spending" is cute, in that mousey, fiscally conservative kind of way. Delicious!



Ok...what was I talking about again? Oh yeah! Ron Paul in New Hampshire.

Todd Beeton has a piece up on MYDD right now talking about these ads and Paul's chances in New Hampshire. Particularly interesting to me was this quote from David Dayen:

Paul's chances rely on the independent vote in the state, and in particular getting them to vote in the Republican primary as opposed to the Democratic one. If I'm an independent and I want an end to neoconservative imperialist policies, it may make sense to me that I'd have a better chance of stopping them by knocking out the neocons in the New Hampshire primary than voting for one of a set of somewhat similar candidates (emphasis on somewhat) on the Democratic side.


His analysis is persuasive.

And Little Miss 'Cut Government Spending" is a dish.

1 comment:

moneymonk said...

Do you think that's what that Olivia Newton-John song is about?

"Let's get fiscal fis-i-cal... I wanna feel your money talk".

Anyhow, I'm glad your gnads are as a-political as mine.